Article provided by: Valeo Home Health and Hospice
Valeo Home Health & Hospice is a leading facility for hospice care in Utah that offers unsurpassable palliative care and home-based healthcare services. We are one of the few centers to offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and skilled nursing services as a part of our home-based health care.
Who's involved in hospice care?
Hospice care is for patients’ diagnosed with a terminal illness, and it offers comfort and medical support to individuals in a safe environment. A large team of health care professionals and non-clinical staff work together to address the physical, psychological, and social needs of a patient battling from a terminal illness. Hospice care at a dedicated facility includes:
- Physicians - A primary care or hospice doctor will offer medical care and treatment based on each patient's illness. At hospice facilities, patients have 24/7 access to a registered physician.
- Nurses - Nurses at the facility offer medical supervision and assist you in treatments and therapies.
- Home health aides - Home health assist patients in performing everyday activities such as getting dressed, bathing, eating, toileting, etc.
- Spiritual counselors - At our facility, we also have chaplains, priests, and ministers offer spiritual guidance and emotional support to patients and their families to cruise through this challenging period.
- Social workers - We have social workers work on each case to provide counseling and support to patients living their last few days.
Besides, we also have volunteers, physical, speech, and occupational therapists who work closely with patients to improve their quality of life. We offer exceptional hospice care in Utah at a dedicated facility where patients have access to clinical staff 24-hours a day.
Services offered at hospice care
Hospice care offers seniors and patients with terminal illnesses, medical care, support, and assistance with day to day living. Patients receive services like wound care, physical therapy, speech, and occupational therapy, cognitive training, palliative care, personal care, and engage in life-enriching activities.
Patients also receive room and board, medication management, 24-hour emergency medical care, etc. at hospice care. We offer modern amenities like cable tv, restaurant-style dining, Wi-Fi, etc., along with extensive medical care and support.
Supporting a terminally ill loved one
It can be challenging to comfort a dying loved one. Be there for them as much as you can and always be open to listening. Try to fulfill their desires and wishes to give them the satisfaction of having lived a full and happy life.
Your loved one might be in denial as reality can be too frightening, overwhelming, or too much of a threat to their sense of control. We have chaplains, caseworkers, therapists, and volunteers offer emotional and spiritual guidance to all our hospice care patients. Speak to one of us at Valeo Home Health & Hospice today for more information on home-based services and hospice care in Utah. Our home health aides offer excellent assistance to patients and help them engage in everyday activities.Hospice Care Utah
View Larger Map